A few months ago, we made a major announcement — we would be launching a landing page template marketplace that would be the first of its kind. . .
A place where people could not only buy AND sell custom landing page templates, but also sort all templates in the Marketplace by their conversion rates.
This marketplace would be designed to do two things specifically:
- Give you the best selection of high-converting landing page templates online.
- Give you the opportunity to sell your own custom template designs. . . and keep 100% of the profits. That’s right — LeadPages takes NO cut of the templates you create and sell.
We’re happy to announce that the Marketplace is officially live. Click here to check it out now.
What does this mean for you? A few things. . .
- In addition to the 80+ landing page templates that are already available to LeadPages customers, you can purchase additional templates created by third-party designers and developers in the LeadPages Marketplace. When you purchase a template, it will automatically appear in the “Templates” section of your LeadPages account.
- You can become a LeadPages Marketplace Template Author — this will allow you to sell your own custom template designs inside the Marketplace (and keep 100% of the profits).
- You can use one of our recommended vendors to custom design and code a template which you can then sell inside the Marketplace.
What this does NOT mean:
This does not mean LeadPages will stop creating additional landing page templates inside LeadPages at no additional charge for LeadPages customers. We will continue to add beautiful, high-converting templates to the 80+ ones already available to customers.
In this post, I’m going to show you exactly how to sell your custom landing page templates in the Marketplace and what the Marketplace means for LeadPages customers and Template Authors.
How to Sell Your Landing Page Templates in the LeadPages Marketplace and Get 100% of the Revenue
No — we’re not kidding. When you become a LeadPages Template Author, you will get 100% of every sale you make in our Marketplace. That’s an entirely new revenue stream for your business. We’ve created the Marketplace that makes it possible.
But here’s why this is an even more unique opportunity. . .
This Marketplace already has a built-in customer base of 25,000+ LeadPages customers (and counting).
Basically, becoming one of the first handful of template authors would be like being one of the first authors on Amazon or hosting one of the first auctions on eBay. You get to offer your templates first, when the competition is lower.
How to Create Your Own Landing Page Template to Sell in the LeadPages Marketplace
There are two ways to create your own landing page template for the LeadPages Marketplace:
1. Design and Code the Template Yourself: Once you register as a Template Author, we provide you with loads of tutorials and support materials to help you tailor your template to meet LeadPages specifications.
2. Hire One of Our Recommended Vendors to Design and Code Your Template Idea for You: Since the birth of the LeadPages Marketplace, two vendors have already sprung up that you can hire to create landing page templates that you can then sell in the LeadPages Marketplace.
We’ve personally worked with both of the designers/coders who started these agencies, and we highly recommend them:
- LeadPageNinjas.com: LeadPageNinjas can create a design based on any idea you have for a template, and then code that design into a functional LeadPages template. Click here to check out LeadPageNinjas.com.
- PSDtoLP.com: PSDtoLP will take your existing designs and code them into functional LeadPages templates for you. Click here to check out PSDtoLP.com.
What the LeadPages Marketplace Means for Customers: The Most Landing Page Templates, the Best Designers, and a Breeding Ground for Innovation
As exciting as this Marketplace launch is for people who want to sell their own landing page templates, it’s an equally exciting opportunity for LeadPages customers who want to purchase templates from the Marketplace.
Why? A few reasons:
- Since we’re paying Template Authors 100% commissions, the Marketplace is already attracting some of the most talented conversion-focused designers in the business. That means top-notch quality and cutting-edge functionality.
- As the Marketplace grows, it will increase the amount of available LeadPages landing page templates exponentially.
- All of the templates in the Marketplace will simply be in addition to the landing page templates LeadPages will continue to design in-house and release for free to LeadPages customers.
- Like the Templates section inside LeadPages, the Marketplace allows visitors to sort templates by conversion rate, which means you’ll be able to find the highest converting landing pages inside the entire Marketplace with a few clicks.
- If you have an idea for a template that you’d like to use in your LeadPages account, you can use one of our vendors to create a custom template for you, and even sell it inside the Marketplace.
The launch of this Marketplace is just the beginning. In the coming weeks, expect a dramatic increase in the amount of landing page templates available to you as a customer.