People don’t care about your product. They care about how it’ll impact their lives.
It’s a marketing truism that’s been expressed time and again in many different ways. After a while, it becomes innate: in your headlines, in your copy, you write about the outcome your customer wants to achieve, not the product they’ll use to achieve it.
Of course, no truism should be above A/B testing.
In today’s A/B test, 2 SEO-related headlines face off to determine which will increase this LeadBox™’s opt-in rate. The competitors are:
- Product-oriented message: “Free SEO & Marketing Tips”
- Results-oriented message: “Discover How Your Practice Can Be #1 on Google!”
Which version do you think increased opt-ins for this LeadBox™ by 26.79%?
Go down to the comments and tell us which one you’d choose and why—then vote below to see if you were right!
Vote to reveal the winning A/B-tested LeadBox™ and our analysis.
It Contains Dozens of More Split Test Ideas, Results, and Insights.) Click Here to Download my Free Guide
How People Voted
If you chose Version A you are correct!
Version A, with a 98.62% probability of outperforming Version B, increased opt-ins by 26.79%.
Although we can’t say with total certainty why this change caused the increase, here are a few of my speculations:
- Version A’s headline not only features the word “Free” but also clearly informs the visitor what can be found in the e-book (SEO and marketing tips).
- Being #1 on Google may seem like a distant or unrealistic goal for some visitors, whereas marketing and SEO tips sound like something they could implement right away.
- The headline in Version B is nearly the same as the e-book title, whereas Version A’s different headline adds more information to the total picture.
Why do you think Version A outperformed Version B? Let us know in the comments!
Not all visitors are the same, but A/B testing your headlines may be something to consider for your own LeadBoxes®.
What Do You Think?
Did this test’s results surprise you? Why do you think Version A increased conversions so dramatically? Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts.
If you’re new to LeadPages, you should know that all Pro and Advanced users can run any A/B test inside LeadPages in just five clicks.
Do you have a LeadBox™ like this one that you would like to test? If so, you can set up the exact same type of test in under a minute. You can also A/B test your form fields, images, calls-to-action, and just about any other change you can think of.
Watch the quick video below for an introduction to enabling split testing on your LeadPages account.
More About LeadBox™ Headlines
A/B Test: Which Headline Increased Opt-Ins by 38.25%?
For another example of the power of headlines, check out this LeadBox™ test.
A/B Test: Did a Long or Short Headline Increase Opt-Ins by 38.23%?
Not sure which headline to use for your landing pages? Check out this A/B test and vote to see which headline gave this LeadPage a 38.23% lift!